Sunday, 6 July 2014

Dragon Dictation for blogging on the go

Hello blog readers today I'm trying out Dragon dictation for the iPhone, I decided to get an iPhone for business to see whether it would increase my productivity. I read on Tiffany Lamberts blog about this free app and I was really intrigued to see whether or not it would work.

I am a UK speaker so the voice calibration may be a bit off however with minimal editing I have been able to 'write' this post. It may not be a perfect solution to productivity woes however it will help me write posts on the go and I have quite a lot of blogs that need content so this will come in especially handy.

All you need to do is search for the app on the iPhone app store and then once you've finished dictating you can copy and paste the writing straight to your blog from your smartphone or e-mail the file to yourself and use your computer later to put up your blog post.

I am not sure about android however you can do a quick search in the Google play store to see what sort of dictation to speech tools there are.

I couldn't believe that the computer Dragon naturally speaking app costs so much when this does a brilliant job but is free. Do you use any similar software?

PS: this post has been written and edited as well as published via my phone, a computer didn't even need to be turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment