Monday, 2 March 2015

I made $100 Commission Today!


Hi guys I know it's been months since I wrote here, I hope everything is going well for you and your online endeavours. Last year I realised that I needed to 'focus' online and that is why I took time to think about what I wanted to do and then stick to it for 2015.

I chose to stick with Zazzle and one website I had. My sisters the arty one in the family not me but I do enjoy designing things even if they come out rubbish. Aside from designing I was also promoting Zazzle items namely wedding invitations because people buy in bulk, someone buying five postcards is nice but someone buying fifty invites is a lot better.

I put up a few Zazzle sites using the Spaghetti Marketing Guide (my link :) and boards on Pinterest but for the most part have been working on my Amazon site so I was shocked when I logged into Zazzle today that I have $100 pending for one day! I've made more than that since my last post but the screenshot is just for 28th Febuary 2015.


Needless to say Zazzle is going to be getting a lot more of my attention this month! I'll be using the Spaghetti Marketing guide to put up more sites, I love that these site only take a few minutes each to create and then they are set and forget.

If you haven't started with Zazzle yet I highly recommend it. If you are a photographer you could upload some of your photos, if not you could use public domain photos edited with Picmonkey.  Combine different images to create invites as these sell well and create the accompanying stamps and stationary for them.

Then once you've created something Pin it or share it on Wanelo or Polyvore but most of all keep creating things. Make sure your tags and descriptions are descriptive and set royalties at a reasonable rate.

If you don't want to go that route you could work as an affiliate using Spaghetti Marketing, create a website on your own domain and have each post targeting an individual line of products. Use low competition keywords in the title and tags and set up Yoast SEO.  Here's the free tool I use to create rows of product displays for my own sites.

Have any of you guys tried Zazzle? What are your results?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Ash! Wedding Invitations are great items to promote because, like you said, people buy them in bulk! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such an inspiration to me and many others so thanks for the comment

      Delete
  2. So glad you've been sharing about Zazzle, Ash. I've joined and plan to set up my store soon. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your scrapbooking designs so I am sure you'll hit it out the park with your Zazzle designs too :)

      Delete
  3. Ash congrats on your zazzle store and your earnings. Focusing on one thing was a lesson I learned last year. You have to do what works for you in order to see success. Wishing you continued success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, consistency is key. Wishing you success with yours too!

      Delete
  4. That's great! 100 dollar earnings is a wonderful commission. I'm looking forward to having more days like this, as well. Pinterest is my all time favorite marketing tool because I have so much fun there leisurely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Katherine, Pinterest certainly is a great tool for promoting Zazzle and your own blogs too!

      Delete
  5. Well, you already know how Zazzle has been working for me, but it's definitely something I want to continue to put more time and effort into, both on the affiliate side as well as my own shop & designs there. I'd love to get to the point where I was getting sales more consistently from them, as they've got such a great commission rate and I love the volume bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Mallory, loving your income reports lately. The commissions really are a bonus and if you can sell things where people buy in bulk that's the cherry on top!

      Delete