Monday, 28 September 2015

How to REALLY Make Money Online

Highest Amazon month ever.
Plus another $100 not shown from SAS
I've been doing this affiliate marketing thing for a while now ever since I was a young teenager still in school, I started on several free websites like Squidoo, Hubpages and Bubblews always dabbling never really making headway anywhere.

It wasn't until January this year that I really upped my game, I knew my exams and school was coming to an end and didn't really want to go to university, I wanted to run my own business and take a gap year instead.

I started a blog and promised myself I would stick to it for 1 year, no ifs or buts. 1 whole year and if it wasn't successful I would give it all up and surrender to the rat race. It sounds like a stretch but the time will pass anyway and what other option did I have? Keep dabbling and waste another year, two, ten?


Fast forward six months to June of this year and I was almost at breaking point, the site I'd spent so long on creating content and promoting barely made $15 a month after six months just enough to cover costs. But I kept going remembering my one year promise. Fast forward just 3 months later and I'm on track to earn $700 dollars this month from that one blog alone from Amazon and Shareasale.

I think the tipping point for me was watching the pros do it, as they say 'success leaves clues'. I dove right into Robin's Pajama Affiliate Blogging course that I bought all the way back when Squidoo was still active, read up all of Lesley's free articles on Writedge and keep tweaking my blog accordingly. I had a LOT of articles to tweak but as I did each one and added new ones with my new knowledge my earnings went up exponentially.

It was only then that I saw progress, I had a nice foundation of content in place which gave me a head start but if it wasn't for the guidance of those two I doubt I'd be where I am now.

Getting people to come to your website and click on your Amazon links is an art, an one that could take years to learn through trial and error where as these two show you how in a video course you could complete in a week.

It's a whole different course altogether because everyone chooses the niche they love, learns how to do keyword research, format each post for optimal click throughs, how to social share and get each article out there and get those sales but what I love most is the support group which is really what makes the difference. REAL support, not a ticket system you never hear back from but a community of bloggers all cheering each other on. 

Stop dilly dallying! Stop jumping from one thing to another, stick with one or two streams for a year and see what they can do for you. Stop delaying and making excuses! Keep going, keep at it even when you're ready to quit just keep going and don't give up on your dreams. 

6 comments:

  1. Really great post, its indeed remarkable the way you have progressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Ash. You're an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash I'm so happy for you!! You are well-deserving of this great reward. I hope you'll continue to be successful in the near future. You've been working very hard and it's finally paying off. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Happy for you Ash! You're a true champion, Keep following this path. It's your path, and it's the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a terrific post and self-case study all rolled up into one. Thanks, Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash you're a real inspiration. I'm happy for your success.

    ReplyDelete