Thursday, 19 November 2015

How To Write Blogs For Money

Hey guys :) it's been a while since I last blogged. I've been super busy with life, getting things organized and sorted for my upcoming gap year, blogging and working on Zazzle too. It's been an exciting few months for me with Halloween finishing and gearing up for Christmas.

Anyone who writes online will know that these two holidays are the most profitable and therefore it was crucial I capitalized on one this year. I chose Halloween but I've also set up a gift blog so I'll be in prime position for Christmas next year too.


My earnings for October totalled $3158.93 from Amazon and another ~$200 from Shareasale. Take Septembers total into account and that took me well over $4000 overall. I know without the unfaltering support from Pajama Affilates group I wouldn't have earned as much this year.

If you've read my last post then you'll know my journey. I started out blogging but I wasn't seeing the success I wanted, I had loads of blogs written they just weren't formatted correctly with links the right places, my keywords were off, I didn't understand how to effectively gain traffic from Google and social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

It was a mess and I was on the verge of giving up all together. Luckily I had been following Robin Cockrell from Squidoo on Facebook and I noticed that although a lot of people had given up her positivity and commitment was unwavering.

I also saw she had courses on offer for blogging on your own self hosted Wordpress site that didn't rely on free revenue sites and couldn't help but check them out. She didn't promise millions overnight but a solid business if you were willing to put in the work. It wasn't until I started working through hers and Lesley Steven's Amazon Masterclass course that the pieces of the puzzle came together.

I had all the blogs in place with content but I now knew how to format everything, how to promote effectively and most importantly how to get those crucial clicks and sales. Learning how to affiliate with Amazon is an art, and it requires trial and error but the course put me well ahead.

It's not just the course that I love but the free group that comes along with it. We're all following the same guidelines but apply it to our own niches. Each day you can pop into the group and see everyone's successes and trials and we all help each other out, motivate each other and relate to each other's struggles.

You learn pretty much everything you'll need to start earning on Amazon: how to do keyword research, how to format posts with Amazon displays and contextual links, how to promote your posts on social media and how to convert sales (the most important part).

Working online isn't always easy and can be a lonely affair but it doesn't have to be when you have a group supporting you, all on the same path going the same direction. With other courses it's easy to get discouraged and give up because you don't have a support network but with Pajama Affiliates giving up isn't an option.

I cannot wait till next year when I'll have a Christmas blog working for me aswell. For now I'm busy planning a gap year for 2016 and it's all thanks to blogging consistently whilst learning and implementing Amazon Masterclass.

No comments:

Post a Comment